Fringe has taken on a new look and we love it. You can see it this season on everything from shoes to bags to skirts and jackets. It works on the beach to the city streets. It's fun to wear and adds that extra embellishment to an outfit that we are always looking for. Fringe is big for Fall as well, so take a look at some of our favorites and if you haven't already, add some fringe to your wardrobe!
The shirtdress is so prevalent this season, and can be found in every iteration from a crisp, cotton sleeveless style to a flowy, silk version with long sleeves. How cute is this fringed style by Derek Lam 10 Crosby or this dainty floral print silk version by Equipment? We love them all, but are especially partial to a classic white style as they are are so versatile and can be taken from day to night, the epitome of summer chic. Check out some more of our top picks below and ideas on how to accessorize!
This season, white is everywhere, in all forms and in all textures. One of our spring essentials is the little white dress - such a versatile piece which can be dressed down for day and up for evening, and worn for an endless string of occasions. Here, I'm wearing an asymmetric white eyelet dress. To add a little edge to this otherwise girly dress, I accessorized with long beaded tassel earrings and nude platform sandals. I apologize that these sandals have shown up in all of my posts lately - a true testament to packing light on my recent trip to Florida!
This spring gingham is back. Designers like Michael Kors, Altuzarra and Oscar de la Renta have put a modern twist on this preppy print. It's a great addition to an outfit. Like any print, less is more. A head to toe gingham look is best left on the runway. Take one piece and pair it with a solid. We've put together a selection of a few favorites!
In case you missed it, one of our favorite Fairfield County, CT blogs, Fairfieldista, featured an article we did on one of our favorite spring trends, the 70's-inspired bohemian look. Fairfieldista is a great resource for local events, family activities, restaurants, and of course, fashion!
This spring, there is a huge 1970’s influence with classic bohemian pieces re-imagined in a modern way. Suede is prevalent on everything from sleeveless dresses and trench coats to cross-body bags and lace-up sandals. Fringe is also big and can be seen gracing handbags, jackets and even long skirts. Another key component of this overarching theme is the maxi dress, done in flowing silks and chiffons in beautiful, rich prints. For footwear, wedges, platforms and gladiators are everywhere.
How to wear this trend without feeling like it’s too overdone? The trick to keeping the look modern is to choose one statement piece and keep the rest of your look simple and sleek. For example, ground a long gypsy-style dress with simple strappy sandals. If you’d like to try a suede jacket with fringe, pair with high-waisted jeans and a solid cotton sweater or tank and sleek wedges. Accessories are a great way to add a hint of bohemian flair. Wear a simple, chic outfit and go all out with a fabulous pair of lace-up gladiators or fringe cross-body bag.
As just seen gracing countless runways from New York to Milan, this trend has staying power and will continue through fall.
After what seems like the longest winter, I am thrilled to be heading south to Florida with my husband and son for a couple weeks. Hopefully when we return, these frigid temps in Connecticut will have passed! I must admit, I haven't done much spring shopping yet (the idea of trying on spring clothes without a hint of a tan is not very appealing to me) but here is a selection of must-pack items based on styles I already have (or want!). Perfect for days spent lounging by the pool, shopping along Worth Avenue and dinners al fresco. After a week in Palm Beach we will be going further south to Islamorada. The Keys are decidedly more casual and I am completely content to stay in my swimsuit all day and only get dressed for dinner. On a side note, I haven't been to Palm Beach in ages... does anybody have any recommendations for shopping, restaurants, etc.?
1. Turquoise jewelry looks so good with a tan, and these Kenneth Jay Lane drop earrings are no exception. $125.
2. We love this oversize straw hat by Sensi Studio to shade the face from sun while lounging by the pool. $230.
3. The scalloped detail on this Marysia bikini is so unique and the pretty blush is timeless. $260.
4. We adore everything about this top by J.W. Anderson - the modern assymetric shape, the pleating and the classic shirting stripes. $855.
5. Such a great classic wardrobe staple, this Moschino shirtdress can be dressed up or down for so many occasions. $950.
7. Classic white skinny jeans go with everything and seamlessly go from day to night. An absolute essential. $175.
8. If you want to pack light, go with a pair of classic black or tortoise shell sunglasses as they can be worn with nearly everything. We love this pair by Oliver Peoples. $335.
9. This blush/bronzer duo by Guerlain perfectly enhances a tan and can be customized based on your skin color.date. $76.
10. Valentino's rockstud jelly sandals go seamlessly from pool to lunch. $295.
11. For those of us who don't yet have a tan... St. Tropez self-tanning lotion is great for layering and gives a natural, golden bronze glow. $42.