Avant-garde designer and style icon Malini Murjani was born in Hong Kong and raised in London, Switzerland, and New York. A true child of the universal art and fashion worlds, Malini attributes her love affair with aesthetics to her musings with an array of cultures and stylings. Malini was first propelled into the international spotlight as a result of her roles as creative director and consultant to legendary fashion houses spanning from Tommy Hilfiger to Halston. While perfecting her craft, she was inspired to launch her own line of luxury accessories, thereby christening the birth of the acclaimed Malini Murjani brand. The line, founded upon an intermingling of exotic skins, edgy metals, bold tones, and classic shapes, embodies the designer's rich upbringing.
style icons: Coco Chanel, Gwen Stefani (love what she wore to the Grammys!) Sienna Miller
favorite designers: Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney
favorite stores: Kirna Zabete, NYC. 10 Corso Como, Milan. Stacey Todd, LA
handbag: Malini Murjani Blondie wood clutch and anything python
shoes: Gianvito Rossi, Alaia
city day look: The Row….jeans, boots, silk blouse, long gold chains
country day look: Isabel Marant … leggings, Hunter boots, Rag and Bone cashmere sweaters
evening look: so depends on my mood - skinny jeans with Charlotte Olympia pumps, jacket OR a dress…
currently eyeing for your closet: A vintage cuff
items you save on: Handbags- always carry my own
beauty essentials: Mario Badescu products, Bliss body butter, Tracie Martyn eye pads
signature scent: Tom Ford
salon: Sally Hershberger
destination: Udaipur, India
hotel: Taj Lake Palace
restaurant: Nobu, Malibu
3 essentials you can't live without: Iphone, Sunglasses and my 4 year old daughter
1. There is nothing more romantic than Jo Malone Red Roses perfume - it is actually the perfume I wore on my wedding day. $120.
2. These Elizabeth & James earrings are delicate and edgy and are sure to update any look. $175.
3. We are head over heels over this Dolce & Gabbana floral dress - the print is perfection and the silhouette is so feminine. $2,375.
4. Always in need of a new cosmetics travel case, this lipstick-print Makeup Bag by Charlotte Tilbury is adorable! $20.
5. A modern twist on the signature Oscar de la Renta Tassel Earring, this updated version is done in silk with silver metal trim. $425.
7. What's not to love about these fuschia suede Aquazzura heels? The color is stunning and the styling is sleek - these are the kind of shoes that you can throw on with almost anything. $750.
8. Feminine and modern, this diamond and sterling silver arrow ring by Jade Jagger points straight to her heart. $472.50
9. The cult favorite 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel looks so fresh in bright pink and is the perfect spring wardrobe update. $895.
We've always been big fans of personalization and we are constantly in search of ways to make things uniquely ours. Our newest obsession makes it easy to create and customize anything and everything around you. Anya Hindmarch, the British handbag designer, has teamed up with stylist Charlotte Stockdale on a sticker shop. They've come up with an array of embossed leather stickers including letters and emojis that bring us back to childhood. Iron on one or many for a fun way to personalize bags, shoes, hats, socks... the possibilities are endless. Wander into her store on Madison Avenue in New York or go online and have fun mixing and matching on the interactive sticker shop! Models Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss are sticker devotees as well.
2. Wear more color! Lately, we've been in full-on neutral territory where it seems like all we have been buying (and wearing) is black, camel and grey. While these classic neutrals are the foundation for every wardrobe, the resort collections in vibrant orange, magenta and cerulean are beckoning! A bold splash of color - or an amazing print - is the perfect way to inject an early dose of spring into your winter wardrobe.
1. We adore this bi-color mini Prada crossbody in the whimisical shades of bubble gum pink and magenta. The perfect size for day to night. $960. BERGDORF GOODMAN
2. These Fendi sunnies are the perfect combination of classic and contemporary. They combine chic tortoiseshell frames with shocking hot pink sides. $340. SAKS
3. The quintessential Manolo Blahnik BB Pump has been re-imagined in a bright floral. Divine. $695. NORDSTROM
4. Peter Pilotto does the best prints, period. This gorgeous peplum cloqué top will look chic with everything from a sleek pencil skirt to white skinny jeans. $370. MODA OPERANDI
5. We love the color combination of cobalt blue, topaz, black and ice blue. The perfect accent for a festive occasion. $32. BAUBLE BAR
6. Everything about this Halston Heritage dress is perfect. The vibrant shade of poppy red, the feminine shape in structured silk faille and the modern deep-V neckline. $445. NET-A-PORTER
7. We love anything involving turquoise and gold and these Kenneth Jay Lane earrings are no exception. $101.50. SAKS
8. The Mansur Gavriel bucket bag has been in high demand (sold out!) for the past few seasons. We love this sleek design in the new bright blue! $695. MANSUR GAVRIEL
1. Invest in quality, timeless shoes and handbags. It is amazing how a beautiful pair of well-made shoes or a luxurious handbag can elevate a look. If you are considering splurging on any one item, make it something that you will get excited about every time you put it on and know you will wear for years to come. Remember, just because these are considered investment pieces does not mean they need to be basic! A fabulous crocodile-embossed tote and nude pointy-toe studded pumps will instantly update both a white blouse and pair of jeans or a simple black sheath dress and will provide true wardrobe staying power.
1. Saint Laurent Croc-Print Small Sac de Jour Tote, $2,990. BERGDORF GOODMAN
2. Bottega Veneta Snakeskin Clutch, $2,400. BARNEY'S
4. Stuart Weitzman Nudist in Leopard Haircalf, $480. STUART WEITZMAN
6. Christian Louboutin Pigalle Patent Leather Pump, $675. NEIMAN MARCUS