As we transition into pre-fall, the new shoe mantra is: go big or go home! Embellished, embroidered, bejeweled, fur, studs, lace-up, the list goes on... We already know a good shoe can make or break an outfit. With all the focus on your feet, you can pair a really simple outfit with an incredible shoe and call it a day. Think classic white button up with jeans and a tasseled lace-up sandal or the cult Gucci Princetown slipper and ta-da!
It is no secret that I can't get enough of the off-the-shoulder silhouette this season and this top has been in serious rotation in my wardrobe lately. The simplicity of this particular style lends itself to so many different looks, working equally well with jeans or tucked into a high-waisted skirt or shorts. Mine is by Milly but I LOVE these similar versions as well: Alexis, Style Mafia, Free People, Caroline Constas, and Chelsea28.
For a wedding calling for cocktail attire, one can never go wrong with a little black dress. We love this super feminine style by Halston Heritage - the structured full skirt and notched neckline add just enough flair to a classic LBD. Another option for a fun, modern twist on cocktail attire this summer is the crop top and full midi skirt combination (I absolutely adore this look - if only I weren't pregnant!). We love Alice + Olivia's simple nude crop top with the ethereal silver lamé skirt. Both looks can be accessorized with sparkly earrings, embroidered clutches and single-sole strappy sandals.
1. There is nothing more romantic than Jo Malone Red Roses perfume - it is actually the perfume I wore on my wedding day. $120.
2. These Elizabeth & James earrings are delicate and edgy and are sure to update any look. $175.
3. We are head over heels over this Dolce & Gabbana floral dress - the print is perfection and the silhouette is so feminine. $2,375.
4. Always in need of a new cosmetics travel case, this lipstick-print Makeup Bag by Charlotte Tilbury is adorable! $20.
5. A modern twist on the signature Oscar de la Renta Tassel Earring, this updated version is done in silk with silver metal trim. $425.
7. What's not to love about these fuschia suede Aquazzura heels? The color is stunning and the styling is sleek - these are the kind of shoes that you can throw on with almost anything. $750.
8. Feminine and modern, this diamond and sterling silver arrow ring by Jade Jagger points straight to her heart. $472.50
9. The cult favorite 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel looks so fresh in bright pink and is the perfect spring wardrobe update. $895.