Fringe has taken on a new look and we love it. You can see it this season on everything from shoes to bags to skirts and jackets. It works on the beach to the city streets. It's fun to wear and adds that extra embellishment to an outfit that we are always looking for. Fringe is big for Fall as well, so take a look at some of our favorites and if you haven't already, add some fringe to your wardrobe!
The shirtdress is so prevalent this season, and can be found in every iteration from a crisp, cotton sleeveless style to a flowy, silk version with long sleeves. How cute is this fringed style by Derek Lam 10 Crosby or this dainty floral print silk version by Equipment? We love them all, but are especially partial to a classic white style as they are are so versatile and can be taken from day to night, the epitome of summer chic. Check out some more of our top picks below and ideas on how to accessorize!
This spring gingham is back. Designers like Michael Kors, Altuzarra and Oscar de la Renta have put a modern twist on this preppy print. It's a great addition to an outfit. Like any print, less is more. A head to toe gingham look is best left on the runway. Take one piece and pair it with a solid. We've put together a selection of a few favorites!
In case you missed it, one of our favorite Fairfield County, CT blogs, Fairfieldista, featured an article we did on one of our favorite spring trends, the 70's-inspired bohemian look. Fairfieldista is a great resource for local events, family activities, restaurants, and of course, fashion!
This spring, there is a huge 1970’s influence with classic bohemian pieces re-imagined in a modern way. Suede is prevalent on everything from sleeveless dresses and trench coats to cross-body bags and lace-up sandals. Fringe is also big and can be seen gracing handbags, jackets and even long skirts. Another key component of this overarching theme is the maxi dress, done in flowing silks and chiffons in beautiful, rich prints. For footwear, wedges, platforms and gladiators are everywhere.
How to wear this trend without feeling like it’s too overdone? The trick to keeping the look modern is to choose one statement piece and keep the rest of your look simple and sleek. For example, ground a long gypsy-style dress with simple strappy sandals. If you’d like to try a suede jacket with fringe, pair with high-waisted jeans and a solid cotton sweater or tank and sleek wedges. Accessories are a great way to add a hint of bohemian flair. Wear a simple, chic outfit and go all out with a fabulous pair of lace-up gladiators or fringe cross-body bag.
As just seen gracing countless runways from New York to Milan, this trend has staying power and will continue through fall.
2. Wear more color! Lately, we've been in full-on neutral territory where it seems like all we have been buying (and wearing) is black, camel and grey. While these classic neutrals are the foundation for every wardrobe, the resort collections in vibrant orange, magenta and cerulean are beckoning! A bold splash of color - or an amazing print - is the perfect way to inject an early dose of spring into your winter wardrobe.
1. We adore this bi-color mini Prada crossbody in the whimisical shades of bubble gum pink and magenta. The perfect size for day to night. $960. BERGDORF GOODMAN
2. These Fendi sunnies are the perfect combination of classic and contemporary. They combine chic tortoiseshell frames with shocking hot pink sides. $340. SAKS
3. The quintessential Manolo Blahnik BB Pump has been re-imagined in a bright floral. Divine. $695. NORDSTROM
4. Peter Pilotto does the best prints, period. This gorgeous peplum cloqué top will look chic with everything from a sleek pencil skirt to white skinny jeans. $370. MODA OPERANDI
5. We love the color combination of cobalt blue, topaz, black and ice blue. The perfect accent for a festive occasion. $32. BAUBLE BAR
6. Everything about this Halston Heritage dress is perfect. The vibrant shade of poppy red, the feminine shape in structured silk faille and the modern deep-V neckline. $445. NET-A-PORTER
7. We love anything involving turquoise and gold and these Kenneth Jay Lane earrings are no exception. $101.50. SAKS
8. The Mansur Gavriel bucket bag has been in high demand (sold out!) for the past few seasons. We love this sleek design in the new bright blue! $695. MANSUR GAVRIEL