With Fourth of July quickly approaching, it is time to start thinking about what to pack for the festive weekend. Being the good patriots that we are, we love an excuse to work a little red, white and blue into our holiday wardrobes. There are so many fun options right now and we are especially loving the ethnic embroidery that is popping up on everything from tunics to tote bags. It is also an opportune time to add a little Americana with your accessories, including footwear - how adorable are these red pom pom espadrilles? If all-white is more your thing, at the very least, add a pop of color with a classic red nail or lip. Bonus - everyone is having summer sales right now so it is the perfect time to stock up on those end-of-summer essentials!
Memorial Day weekend has officially kicked off! To get in the spirit, we have compiled a little inspiration board of styles to add to your summer beach/pool repertoire. We are loving all of the whimsical and bohemian elements such as intricate embroidery, tassels and scalloped detailing gracing everything from swimwear, caftans, hats and totes. Did we mention shoes?! That will require its own post.
This navy Figue caftan is equally suitable to throw on over your swimsuit poolside or paired with skinny jeans and wedges for a casual evening look. What better way to add a dose of drama to a solid, chic swimsuit than an oversize straw hat with sequin embroidery? For this, we adore modern milliner Eugenia Kim. Our favorite swimwear designer right now is Marysia - we love her feminine scalloped detailing, and they have so many styles to choose from. Lastly, how adorable are these embroidered and tasseled straw bags? So versatile - perfect for a weekend getaway if you can only pack one bag.
Happy Memorial Day! We hope everyone has a fabulous weekend planned!
After what seems like the longest winter, I am thrilled to be heading south to Florida with my husband and son for a couple weeks. Hopefully when we return, these frigid temps in Connecticut will have passed! I must admit, I haven't done much spring shopping yet (the idea of trying on spring clothes without a hint of a tan is not very appealing to me) but here is a selection of must-pack items based on styles I already have (or want!). Perfect for days spent lounging by the pool, shopping along Worth Avenue and dinners al fresco. After a week in Palm Beach we will be going further south to Islamorada. The Keys are decidedly more casual and I am completely content to stay in my swimsuit all day and only get dressed for dinner. On a side note, I haven't been to Palm Beach in ages... does anybody have any recommendations for shopping, restaurants, etc.?
1. Turquoise jewelry looks so good with a tan, and these Kenneth Jay Lane drop earrings are no exception. $125.
2. We love this oversize straw hat by Sensi Studio to shade the face from sun while lounging by the pool. $230.
3. The scalloped detail on this Marysia bikini is so unique and the pretty blush is timeless. $260.
4. We adore everything about this top by J.W. Anderson - the modern assymetric shape, the pleating and the classic shirting stripes. $855.
5. Such a great classic wardrobe staple, this Moschino shirtdress can be dressed up or down for so many occasions. $950.
7. Classic white skinny jeans go with everything and seamlessly go from day to night. An absolute essential. $175.
8. If you want to pack light, go with a pair of classic black or tortoise shell sunglasses as they can be worn with nearly everything. We love this pair by Oliver Peoples. $335.
9. This blush/bronzer duo by Guerlain perfectly enhances a tan and can be customized based on your skin color.date. $76.
10. Valentino's rockstud jelly sandals go seamlessly from pool to lunch. $295.
11. For those of us who don't yet have a tan... St. Tropez self-tanning lotion is great for layering and gives a natural, golden bronze glow. $42.
If you're like one of us and jetting off to the sun this Christmas, here are a few packing essentials and some guidelines to follow. Packing needn't be difficult. Put together outfits before packing and edit, edit, edit so as not to overpack. Pack key pieces that can go from day to night and a few great accessories that can dress up an outfit in the evening. Our warm weather musts : a bathing suit and cover up, flip flops, sunglasses, a great bag that can be used day and night, white jeans, a few tops and a dress that can easily transport itself from beach to dinner.
9. One does not always need a matching bathing suit cover up, but this Eres pareo is too good to pass up. We love the brushstroke pattern and to get your money's worth, it can double as a scarf! $285 Net-a-Porter
11. The Australians know how to work with the sun and Zimmermann has perfected it. This hat embodies everything one needs in a sun hat; style, shape, color, trim and fit! How can one resist? $490 Zimmermann