As we transition into pre-fall, the new shoe mantra is: go big or go home! Embellished, embroidered, bejeweled, fur, studs, lace-up, the list goes on... We already know a good shoe can make or break an outfit. With all the focus on your feet, you can pair a really simple outfit with an incredible shoe and call it a day. Think classic white button up with jeans and a tasseled lace-up sandal or the cult Gucci Princetown slipper and ta-da!
There is nothing more impactful than the timeless combination of black and white. A perfect palette for transitioning from summer into pre-fall, we've compiled an edit of our favorite styles of the season. From this so chic ivory Alexis off-the-shoulder romper with black satin piping to the most sleek everyday Saint Laurent Shopping Tote and the statement-making sunnies: Illesteva Leonard II in black/white camo, these styles are sure to make a graphic statement. xo
Nothing quite says "summer" like white. In fact, lately, it is all we have been wanting to wear. Whether you gravitate towards minimalism or the bohemian luxe vibe, white effortlessly lends itself to both overarching movements. Go sleek and sophisticated with clean lines and modern accessories or have fun with textures and embellishment (lace, fringe, jacquard, tassels). Lastly, don't be afraid to mix shades of white and ivory!
As summer is starting to wind down and fall fashion is everywhere we turn, we are so excited to start working some of the key pieces into our wardrobe! Everything this fall looks so new and fresh and we are especially loving the luxe bohemian looks that have evolved from spring. From silky printed blouses, drapey ponchos and capes, suede everything (skirts, heels, leggings...), chic knits, fringe, and fun updates in fur and shearling. We are also seeing a rich fall color palette - camel, burgandy, and gorgeous prints including paislies and dramatic florals. For accessories, look for wear-with-anything block heel booties, over the knee boots, the nonchalant cross-body bag or ladylike top-handle bag. We seriously can't wait. We will highlight some of the season's key trends in the upcoming months, but for now, here are some great pieces that feel so right, you can start working them into your wardrobe now and continue wearing them through fall. xo, Courtney
VANESSA BRUNO ATHE SLEEVELESS SWEATER // L'AGENCE LEATHER FRINGE SKIRT // SEE BY CHLOE SUEDE BOOTIES // RAG & BONE FELT FEDORA // CHLOE TAUPE DREW BAG // TORY BURCH FRINGE EARRINGS // SHASHI VINE RING // POLO RALPH LAUREN BUCKET BAG // THEORY IVORY KNIT DRESS, IN OLIVE AND BURGANDY HERE // AQUAZZURA BELGRAVIA HEELS
The shirtdress is so prevalent this season, and can be found in every iteration from a crisp, cotton sleeveless style to a flowy, silk version with long sleeves. How cute is this fringed style by Derek Lam 10 Crosby or this dainty floral print silk version by Equipment? We love them all, but are especially partial to a classic white style as they are are so versatile and can be taken from day to night, the epitome of summer chic. Check out some more of our top picks below and ideas on how to accessorize!
I just returned from a lovely weekend in Vail with friends. Although most of our days were filled with skiing, après ski drinks and amazing dinners, we were able to squeeze in a bit of shopping time. Having grown up spending Christmases in Vail, I have become well-acquainted with the local shopping scene over the years. Gorsuch, The Golden Bear and Axel's are not only personal favorites, but are very much a part of Vail's identity. If you plan on visiting soon, be sure to keep these three on your radar!
1. Gorsuch - Truly a Vail landmark, Gorsuch was founded by Renie and David Gorsuch, former skiers on the 1960 U.S. Olympic Ski Team. They opened their Alpine-inspired lifestyle flagship in Vail Village in 1966 and now have eight locations, including stores in Aspen, Beaver Creek and Park City.
Brimming with luxurious European ready-to-wear suitable for the Alps or the Rockies, look for outstanding selections of Brunello Cucinelli and Etro for both men and women. They are also known for stocking traditional Austrian jackets and beautiful ruffled blouses that are nearly impossible to find elsewhere. Complete your look with a handbag from Bottega Veneta or Nancy Gonzalez and be sure to check out the unrivaled array of fur boots.
Their ski gear selection will have you hitting the slopes in style with the likes of Moncler, Bogner, Frauenschuh, Emilio Pucci and Canada Goose. From sleek neutrals with fur trim to shiny metallics and vibrant colors and prints, there is something to suit every skier's style.
We must not forget their fabulous home selection - take a walk downstairs and you'll be dreaming for a mountain home adorned in sumptuous furs, cashmere throws and rustic antlers.
The Golden Bear - The symbol of Vail Valley and a long-standing tradition, The Golden Bear opened in 1975 in Vail Village. The pièces de résistance are the Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear necklaces (pictured above). In addition to the beloved golden bears, they are known for beautiful pave diamond, hand-hammered gold and sterling silver jewelry.
The store has since expanded to include an abundant selection of home accessories and giftware including signature bear-embossed wine glasses, pewter trays and leather frames.
Axel's - Another family-owned gem, Axel's has been the standard of classic European elegance in the Vail Valley since 1990. Axel Wilhelmsen, who grew up in Norway, and his wife and children still travel to Italy to hand-select the finest merchandise for their shop.
Axel's is known for its exquisite selection of cashmere, sheepskin coats, hand-made European riding boots and cowboy boots and hand-engraved silver jewelry and belt buckles. Look for Italian designers such as Kiton and Boglioli and English John Lobb shoes, but note that the majority of clothing and accessories are actually designed in-house to better represent the unique Axel aesthetic. The fine craftsmanship, attention to detail and art of layering portrayed in this shop is truly unmatched.
We will be the first to admit to constantly perusing the Resort and Spring 2015 collections, but let's face it - we will still be cocooned in coats for the next two months. Thankfully, there is a strong emphasis on outerwear this season that we are totally on board with. From oversized "borrowed from the boys" coats to ultra-feminine styles in blush and magenta, to fabulous furs and dramatic capes, there are countless ways to switch up your look through the end of winter.
Get creative with the way you style your outerwear and make it a deliberate part of your complete look. A classic camel coat looks so chic over all black or neutrals (whites and greys, especially). Make a statement in a bold colored or printed coat by wearing an otherwise solid, tonal outfit underneath. Cinch the waist with a belt. Wear over your shoulders for a nonchalant, editorial look. Lastly, don't forget to accessorize! Channel the chic 70's vibe that's happening and top your look with a structured felt hat. Slip on an elegant pair of leather gloves. Or, layer on a oversized fur collar for a dramatic effect. Check out our Pinterest board for more inspiration from our favorite street style cognoscenti.
We've always been big fans of personalization and we are constantly in search of ways to make things uniquely ours. Our newest obsession makes it easy to create and customize anything and everything around you. Anya Hindmarch, the British handbag designer, has teamed up with stylist Charlotte Stockdale on a sticker shop. They've come up with an array of embossed leather stickers including letters and emojis that bring us back to childhood. Iron on one or many for a fun way to personalize bags, shoes, hats, socks... the possibilities are endless. Wander into her store on Madison Avenue in New York or go online and have fun mixing and matching on the interactive sticker shop! Models Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss are sticker devotees as well.
2. Wear more color! Lately, we've been in full-on neutral territory where it seems like all we have been buying (and wearing) is black, camel and grey. While these classic neutrals are the foundation for every wardrobe, the resort collections in vibrant orange, magenta and cerulean are beckoning! A bold splash of color - or an amazing print - is the perfect way to inject an early dose of spring into your winter wardrobe.
1. We adore this bi-color mini Prada crossbody in the whimisical shades of bubble gum pink and magenta. The perfect size for day to night. $960. BERGDORF GOODMAN
2. These Fendi sunnies are the perfect combination of classic and contemporary. They combine chic tortoiseshell frames with shocking hot pink sides. $340. SAKS
3. The quintessential Manolo Blahnik BB Pump has been re-imagined in a bright floral. Divine. $695. NORDSTROM
4. Peter Pilotto does the best prints, period. This gorgeous peplum cloqué top will look chic with everything from a sleek pencil skirt to white skinny jeans. $370. MODA OPERANDI
5. We love the color combination of cobalt blue, topaz, black and ice blue. The perfect accent for a festive occasion. $32. BAUBLE BAR
6. Everything about this Halston Heritage dress is perfect. The vibrant shade of poppy red, the feminine shape in structured silk faille and the modern deep-V neckline. $445. NET-A-PORTER
7. We love anything involving turquoise and gold and these Kenneth Jay Lane earrings are no exception. $101.50. SAKS
8. The Mansur Gavriel bucket bag has been in high demand (sold out!) for the past few seasons. We love this sleek design in the new bright blue! $695. MANSUR GAVRIEL
1. Invest in quality, timeless shoes and handbags. It is amazing how a beautiful pair of well-made shoes or a luxurious handbag can elevate a look. If you are considering splurging on any one item, make it something that you will get excited about every time you put it on and know you will wear for years to come. Remember, just because these are considered investment pieces does not mean they need to be basic! A fabulous crocodile-embossed tote and nude pointy-toe studded pumps will instantly update both a white blouse and pair of jeans or a simple black sheath dress and will provide true wardrobe staying power.
1. Saint Laurent Croc-Print Small Sac de Jour Tote, $2,990. BERGDORF GOODMAN
2. Bottega Veneta Snakeskin Clutch, $2,400. BARNEY'S
4. Stuart Weitzman Nudist in Leopard Haircalf, $480. STUART WEITZMAN
6. Christian Louboutin Pigalle Patent Leather Pump, $675. NEIMAN MARCUS
My family spends Christmas in Vail and I am heading out in a couple of days. For those of you who are off to a ski destination, we have compiled an inspiration board on Pinterest for your winter getaway. This winter, we are especially loving neutrals (winter white, camel, grey) that look luxe in layers. Head to toe black looks chic as well. Throw on a luxurious fur, trapper hat, and snow boots and you will be ready to arrive at your ski destination in style.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9