1. Invest in quality, timeless shoes and handbags. It is amazing how a beautiful pair of well-made shoes or a luxurious handbag can elevate a look. If you are considering splurging on any one item, make it something that you will get excited about every time you put it on and know you will wear for years to come. Remember, just because these are considered investment pieces does not mean they need to be basic! A fabulous crocodile-embossed tote and nude pointy-toe studded pumps will instantly update both a white blouse and pair of jeans or a simple black sheath dress and will provide true wardrobe staying power.
1. Saint Laurent Croc-Print Small Sac de Jour Tote, $2,990. BERGDORF GOODMAN
2. Bottega Veneta Snakeskin Clutch, $2,400. BARNEY'S
4. Stuart Weitzman Nudist in Leopard Haircalf, $480. STUART WEITZMAN
6. Christian Louboutin Pigalle Patent Leather Pump, $675. NEIMAN MARCUS